Friday, July 14, 2006

Okay Week So Far

So far I’ve had a so-so week. I did run 15 miles on Tuesday after playing a losing game of softball at lunch (we lost 19-17, and we had the tying run on base when the game ended – frustrating.) I didn’t run on Wednesday. My sleep pattern had gotten out of whack. I fell into a pattern where I was falling asleep after work and then not going to bed until well after midnight, and then I’d drag ass all the next day. By Wednesday, my legs were sore and tired from the day before, and I was close to sleepwalking by the time I got home from work. I dedicated Wednesday evening to doing things at home and staying awake until bedtime. It seems to have worked because I got a good night sleep on Wednesday and Thursday.

I’m at 41 miles for the week. I got a late start on Thursday, so I didn’t have time to run ten before it got dark, Instead I ran a 7.5 mile loop and pushed the pace a bit; I finished with an average pace of 7:26/mile. I’m planning 15 miles tonight and 10 on Saturday, which will put me in the mid-60s for the week. Again not bad, not good, but about average for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home