Monday, July 10, 2006

Easy Run

Today I ran an easy 7.5 miles, which is one lap around my neighborhood. I was going to run ten miles, but my legs felt pretty tired right from the get-go, so I cut it a bit short. Of course after I warmed up, I felt better and considered running the full ten. However, since I'm planning on running 15 miles tomorrow, I stuck with the easy 7.5 miles. It turned out to be a good decision because my legs started feeling heavy after five miles or so. Anyway, tomorrow I play softball at lunch and then go 15 miles after work.

I'm ninety percent sure that I won't be running a marathon this fall. I just can't justify the expense of traveling and staying overnight. My wife and I have had some unexpected expenses this year (as always). I could make it work, but between a couple of family events and saving for Christmas, it just seems guilty to spend what few extra dollars we have on something that only benefits me. Instead the plan is to run the Grape Stomp Half Marathon on October 29. It's local and fairly inexpensive. I'm also planning on running a local 10K in August, but the half marathon is the goal race for this fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home