Monday, June 26, 2006

No Running

I don't know if I'm a total slacker or if there's something wrong with me. Last week I ran three times for a total of 37 miles. I didn't run on Sunday or Wednesday for no real reason. I had reasons, but really they weren't worth much. Mostly, I was feeling lazy.

On Friday, I had dental surgery. Since then, I've been a slug. I spent the entire weekend sitting in a chair watching television and drifting in and out of sleep. The pain isn't too bad, although I take pain pills at night so that I can sleep painfree. Mostly though I just have a constant dull ache. I've also been icing my cheek in an effort to get the swelling down. My main food consists of oatmeal, which I've eaten for dinner three straight days and for breakfast the last two. I ate mac and cheese and a frozen food lasagna for lunch on Saturday and Sunday respectively. I couldn't chew them, but they were soft enough that I was able to smash small bites with my tongue and the good side of my mouth. The only other thing I've put in my mouth has been ice cream and water.

I was hoping to run today. In fact, I was planning on running a double. However, I'm didn't run at lunch, and I'm not sure what if anything I'll do this evening. I suspect, I'll go home sit around for awhile and then go to bed. I feel like if I run, I'll either get sick or pass out. Neither is a motivating option.

The good news is that I get to have the other side of my mouth operated on in six to eight weeks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

I wouldn't call you a "total" slacker, but pretty close. :)

Actually we all have the same thoughts. Don't dwell on the negative, just get back out on the roads as soon as possible and get consistent again.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Bart said...

I was right, I didn't run on Monday. I did, however, get out for a short, run Tuesday evening. I'm confident that I can get back my consistency without too much trouble.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home