Sunday, July 02, 2006

Decent Start to the Week

I ran 15 miles today. I felt good for most of the run and finished strong including a 6:44 14th mile just to get a taste of stretching out the legs a bit. My legs are pretty tired and a bit tight this evening, but I feel good and am motivated to get in at least ten miles tomorrow. I don't really have a plan or goal for the week, but I know that I'd like to be above 70 miles. I only work one day this week (Monday), so I should have no problem getting in my miles and should get in a couple of doubles. I do have family visiting Friday and Saturday, so it may take a bit of creative scheduling to get out on those days. We'll see.

One negative on today's run was that I had to take a rather long bathroom break just after the halfway point of the run. Of course, that's what I get for sitting around like a slacker living off chocolate and ice cream for the past week.

The teeth/gums/dental work is a non-factor as far as my running goes. I am very sensitive to cold food and drinks, but once I'm out running, I don't even notice the work that's been done.

15 miles
1:56:49
7:42 average pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home