Sunday, July 09, 2006

Okay Last Week and Okay Start to This Week

Forget my last post. I ended up not running on Friday. I was about to head out the door when my mom called to tell me where they were, which was approximately 20 minutes away. No big deal. I would have plenty of time to sneak out for a run after my wife got home. Of course, it didn't work out that way. I ended up watching a baseball game with my uncle. I was going to take off in the middle of the game to run, but I was enjoying the game and the company, so I stayed home. I live with my wife and my daughter -- two women with no interest in sports; the chance to watch a game with another baseball fan was a treat.

I'm not really concerned about the lost mileage or day off from running. The thing that does bother me, however, is how easily I'm distracted or can convince myself not to run. I need to work on this lack of dedication that jumps up and bites me on a fairly regular basis.

The good news is that I did run six days last week, which was a step up from the previous two weeks. Also, I had good runs on Saturday and Sunday. Both runs were between 10 and 10.5 miles, and both were at 7:40 pace with a comfortable effort. I was planning to run at least 15 miles today, but I had an upset stomach and had to stop three times to use the bathroom, so I just headed home.

I'm planning on running 15 miles at least twice this week and finishing with at least 70 miles, although 80 is more likely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home