Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Slow Start to the Week

I was able to run 80 miles last week. However, I am not off to a good start towards reaching 80 miles this week. Due to miscommunication or poor planning between my wife and me, I ended up not running at all on Sunday. I made it up a bit by running twice on Monday, but I still only totaled 15 miles. It seems like a trend that I fall behind at the beginning of the week and then end up stacking miles at the end of the week to reach my weekly goal. I need to either set up a long-range training plan or at least sit down at the beginning of each week and set up a schedule for the next seven days. Saying I want to run X miles a week isn't working.

Lately I've been feeling a painful tightness just above the Achilles tendon on my right leg. Stopping and stretching it makes the pain go away for a few miles, but it comes back, and it's to the point where I can feel the soreness when I'm not running also. I'm sad to say that I may actually have to start stretching on a regular basis.

Even with the zero on Sunday (what should be my highest mileage day of the week), I'm still looking for 80 miles this week. I'll have to run a couple of doubles and a couple of 15 milers, but I think I'll get there without too much heartache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home