Friday, July 28, 2006

My New Co-Worker

On Thursday I ran a total of 12 miles over two runs (6.5 at lunch and 5.5 after work). Both runs were run at an easy pace with the primary goal to just get in the miles. I know that I would have been better off running one long run rather than two shorter runs, but I didn’t have the time at lunch, and was pretty tired and ready to run short and slow after work. I’m currently at 45 miles for the week, and will finish the week in the 60s, which is a good total for me.

Tonight I’m just going to run by feel. I’ll run between 7.5 and 10 miles at whatever my natural pace is for today. My main goal is to not wear myself out for the weekend. I don’t have plans for a long or a tough run on Saturday, but I would like to get out for a run early in the day. I have a habit of putting my runs off until evening, which clearly puts a hold on any family activities. When I do run in the morning, I'm usually not getting started until 10:00, but this weekend I’ll try to do better. Sunday will be my long run. I’ll go beyond 15 miles for the first time in awhile. I’ve said I was going to do this in the past, but with my first 20 miler on the schedule a week from Sunday, I think it’s time to step it up a bit.

My daughter started working as a volunteer here at work. She'll helping out in the daycare center. She’s only been there a couple of days, but she likes it so far. It’s so nice to see her take an interest in something productive. It’s such a pleasant change from the gloomy teenager that I so often see around the house either talking on the phone or hacking away at the computer keyboard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home