Saturday, July 22, 2006

Finally Another 80 Mile Week

I finished this week with 81 miles. The week broke down as follows:

Sunday - 15
Monday - 10.5
Tuesday - 10.5
Wednesday - 7 & 5.5
Thursday - 11
Friday - 9
Saturday - 7 & 5.5

This was probably the easiest of my few 80-mile weeks. Mainly because I ran nine times (instead of 7 or 8 as I have in the past), and I ran the easy runs slower. That's unusually good discipline for me. I could certainly feel the recovery as I ran with much more energy on the days after the recovery days. This discipline will be important to maintain when I begin harder workouts next month.

Anyway, more of the same next week. I may not reach 80 because we have our monthly fun run at work is next week, and I'd like to do well. This probably means a short, easy day on Tuesday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

Nice week. Good luck getting on the Navy marathon team. That'd be really cool.

I think sub-1:25 is doable for you.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Bart said...

Thanks, Zeke. I think my best shot for the Navy team will be in 2007 if I can show more consistent racing results, but it never hurts to ask.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home