Monday, July 17, 2006

A Good Run

Not much to post today other than the fact that I had a better than expected run this afternoon. After a quick 15 miles yesterday and a hot day here in the Bay Area, I didn't have high hopes for today's run. However, from the first step my legs felt surprisingly fresh. Taking it easy, I averaged just under 8:00 miles on the out portion and approximately 8:10 on the back portion (with the wind versus against the wind). Even though the wind made the run a bit tougher on the way home, it felt better having the wind in my face cooling me off a bit. Tomorrow will be a short, easy run of probably 7.5 miles.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again as a reminder to myself. I need to set up some kind of half marathon training program and get started with workouts designed to do more than just cover X number of miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home