Friday, July 14, 2006

I Need to Get Organized

I didn't run 15 today like I had hoped. I ran an errand after work with my wife, which got me out the door late and forced me to cut the run back to 10 miles. I had a good plan. Get off work at 4:00; be at Costco by 4:30; pick up a few things; and be home by 6:00. I easily could have been out the door by 6:30 with enough time to run 15 before dark. Instead, I got busy at work and didn't get out on time. This delay got us out the door late. We got to Costco later than we had hoped, so it was relatively crowded, which made moving through the store slower and checking out much slower. Anyway, I didn't get out the door until 7:10 and got home just as it was getting dark. Even so it was worth it. It seems like during the week, my wife and I get into our own routines and don't spend enough time together. This evening was nice.

I think what I'll do this weekend is to run 15 on two runs on Saturday and 15 on one run on Sunday. Early next week, I'll work out a schedule for half marathon training. Even though I've logged decent mileage since May despite not having a schedule, I'm much more consistent when I have a schedule to work from. Plus, I know I won't be consistent with any type of speed work without planning the workouts in advance.

This weekend should be fun. Tomorrow we're heading to San Francisco to just spend some fun time just walking around and then getting some lunch. It will be interesting to see how walking the hilly streets of San Francisco will affect my afternoon run. Actually, I'll probably feel it more on Sunday. Other than running, Sunday will be the day to get things done around the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home