Monday, July 31, 2006

Long Run and Easy Run and Monthly Recap

Sunday was a good run. I start my actual training plan next Sunday with a 20 miler, so the goal for this Sunday was to run somewhere between my usual 15 miles and 20 miles. I ended up running 18 miles at just under 8:00 pace. I felt good after this run, with the exception of my feet, which were pretty sore. I followed up Monday's run with ten easy miles on Monday. I'm not sure what I'll do for the rest of the week. I'll probably run an easy 7.5 miles tomorrow, and then either a 10 miler or 12 miles on a double on Wednesday. But really the main goal for this week is to get to next Sunday motivated and well-rested.

July was a good month for me. I didn't reach 300 miles, but I came fairly close. Here are my stats for the month:

292.5 total miles
27 running days, including 3 doubles
4 non-running days
Averaged 9.75 miles per run

I'm pleased with these totals and feel ready to start race-specific training next week. I'm not sure what my totals will be for August. The training plan I've created has some high mileage weeks and some weeks where the mileage is less with the main focus on speed training. Although really it doesn't matter. The success for August, September and October will not be measured in miles, but rather on my 29 October half marathon finishing time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

Very nice month.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Bart said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Bart said...

Thanks. Although there have been a couple of hiccups, I feel good about my mileage over the last three months.

Of course, now I want to race.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home