Saturday, July 29, 2006

At Least I Ran

Today was one of those days when I simply did not want to run. I didn't run in the morning, which I'll get to later. I was ready to head out for an easy run at 3:00, but then I ended up having to stay home for various reasons mostly having to do with miscommunications between my daughter, my wife and me. Anyway, by the time we were all on the same page, I simply had lost my desire to run. It was early evening, and I was ready to shut it down for the night. The good news is that after trying to talk myself out of running for 10-15 minutes, I finally got dressed and headed out the door. I didn't really have a plan other than I wanted to run at least 4 miles and get to 60 miles for the week. If I felt better after I started running, I could always go farther. Today was just one of those days where the body wants to rest. I felt okay, but never really had much energy, so I ran my four miles, and called it quits. This was my shortest run in a while, but I'm fine with it since tomorrow's schedule contains a long run and some more time on my feet at the local Wine and Art Festival.

I must have a mental block or something. I mentioned in my last post that I wanted to run in the morning today (Saturday). However, on Friday I did the same thing that I do on many workday afternoons. I came home, changed out of my uniform, sat down for what I thought would be a few minutes, and fell asleep. The sad thing is that everytime it happens, I wake up surprised that I fell asleep. I usually only sleep for 10-15 minutes, but it's enough to keep me awake long into the night. Last night I was awake well past midnight. As a result, I didn't wake up until after 9:00 this morning. I ate breakfast, giving up any thought of a morning run. I've done a better job of staying awake today. Maybe tomorrow I'll get in that a.m. run. Stranger things have happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home