Saturday, June 03, 2006

Easy Week

This has been an easy week for me. As I've mentioned (probably more than once), my living situation is sort of up in the air right now, so it's impossible for me to make marathon racing or training plans. What I've decided to do is push back race-specific training six weeks. I'll use this time to build mileage. After six weeks, I should have a better idea where I'll be living this fall and can make race plans, with at least 12 weeks to prepare for an October marathon. If I can log a few 20 milers during these six weeks, I'll probably be better prepared than I would be if I followed an 18-week plan that built up to a 20-mile long runs.

I don't have my log in front of me, but I ran 57 miles last week. My longest run of the week was 15 miles. I won the monthly 3-mile fun run at work, but it doesn't mean much. I would guess that I won by close to 4 minutes. The one guy who usually pushes me wasn't there, so I just cruised. I finished in 19:59, making my average pace 6:40.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home