Sunday, September 24, 2006

New Week = New Attitude (I hope)

I started my training week today with a good workout. I ran 15 miles, including ten miles with a target pace of 6:50/mile. I actually averaged just under 6:40/mile. It's not surprising that I felt good and ran faster than planned. I only ran 35 miles last week, so I was basically running with a taper today.

Last week was not a good week for me. I was well below where I wanted to be mileage wise, and I took three days off with no running. However, it was a cutback week, and I accomplished my goal of ending the week rested and ready to run. I don't imagine that one especially easy week is going to hurt my fitness.

I did not race the 5K this morning. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I have been taking college courses online. The course I'm enrolled in now is pretty labor intensive, so last night I found myself still on the computer doing homework well after midnight. I decided to get my beauty sleep instead of racing. No big deal. I have a three-mile fun run at work this week. I won't get pushed much but will get in some faster running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home