Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Easy Weekend followed by Two Tough Runs

Well the good news is that Notre Dame won its game on Saturday. It wasn’t pretty, and the Irish’s highly-regarded offense struggled, especially in the first half. However, they played well enough to win, and that’s all that really counts.

Since it’s been a few days since I’ve posted anything here, I’ll do a quick update to my running. On Saturday I ran an easy 7.5 miles. This gave me 88 miles for the week, which is a new high for me. I took an off day on Sunday. I had a run scheduled, but I had a lot to do around the house, so I traded days with Monday (my scheduled off day). On Monday, I ran a ten miler, which included 5, 1 mile repeats at 6:10 pace. The first four repeats were a bit tough, but I managed to establish a good rhythm and keep the pace fairly well. The fifth repeat was into a pretty tough wind. I ended up this repeat in 6:22. Not quite the 6:10 I was looking for, but the effort was clearly there. Tuesday, I ran my second tough workout in a row. I ran 15 miles, which included 5 miles at 8:10 pace, 5 miles at 7:30 pace, and 5 miles at 6:50 pace. The last mile of this run was as tough as any mile I’ve ever run. Today I’ll run ten miles at recovery pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home