Monday, September 11, 2006

I Suck

I cut Sunday's scheduled 20 miler down to 9.6 miles. I was feeling okay and running fine, except for two things: I forgot to tape my nipples, which must sound like the stupidest thing in the world if any non-runners should ever stumble across this; and I could not escape the bathroom. I realized the nipple thing about eight miles into the run. If I had continued for the full 20, I would have looked like I had been shot twice in the chest. As far as the bathroom thing, I went before I left the house, and I went twice more in the first five miles on my run. My plan was to run home change shirts, tape up, and finish the run. Instead I ended up wondering if I would make it home before I would need my next bathroom break. Anyway, by the time I got home I was frustrated enough to stay home.

I still want to run a twenty miler this week, so my plan is to run two easy five milers today, and try to get out for 20 immediately after work tomorrow. If I can get on the road by 4:45 of so, I should be getting home from my run just as it’s getting dark.

This week is all about mileage. If I make up the long run, I should be okay to reach my goal mileage for the week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

Bart, these things happen to all of us. Don't sweat it, but if you can get a 20 miler in still this week, that'd be awesome.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Bart said...

Of course, you're right. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but I think this was the third consecutive 20 miler that I've shortened for one reason or another. It's frustrating.

The good news is that I did make up the 20-miler, and I feel pretty good for continuing my week. Plus after running on Sunday without nipple tape, I'm almost to the point where I'm showering pain free.

Bart

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home