Thursday, August 10, 2006

Midweek Recap

My week is progressing nicely. After running five miles at lunch on Tuesday, I ran 11 that evening. Last night I ran my scheduled 15 miles. Yesterday was hotter than it had been recently, so I ended up running ten seconds slower than normal, finishing with an average pace of 8:07/mile. Easing up a bit seems to be a good thing. Today my legs feel surprisingly fresh considering that I’ve covered 57 miles through the first four days of the week. My schedule calls for an easy day consisting of two short runs (5 at lunch and 6 this evening). However, I have a softball game at lunch, so I’ll be running the entire 11 miles after work. Although the week is going well so far, I’m afraid things are about to fall apart. Tomorrow I’m having dental surgery, which may put an end to my running for the week. I think the best case scenario will be if I can run on Saturday. I’m pretty sure Friday will be spent sitting around on medication trying not to drool.

No matter how much or how little I run over the weekend, I feel good about where my fitness is. Next week I start some faster stuff. I’ve been running a lot of long, easy runs. Speeding up may be tough, but I’m looking forward to it.

*****

We lost our softball game 16-12. It was the first game of the playoffs, which are double elimination, so we will get to play at least one more game. I hope we can win, but I'm not too confident. We've only won a couple of games all year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home