Friday, May 19, 2006

What a Crappy Week

I have not had a good week running so far. I just haven’t had any energy. Through five days, my weekly total is between 25-30 miles. The good news is that I ran 7.5 miles on Thursday with a lot of energy. I’m hoping to get in 15 miles today (Friday) and 10 on Saturday, which will put me over 50 for the week. Fifty miles is far short of the 80 miles I logged the past two weeks, but it’s not horrible for a cutback week.

I think one reason for the low mileage week (in addition to just not having any energy) is that I have been running without a plan or schedule. It’s so easy for me to skip a workout or cut a run short if I’m not following a set plan. I’m not sure what next week holds, but I’ll be sure to set up a plan over the next couple of days.

Yesterday a group of us from work skipped out to watch an afternoon Oakland A’s game. We had a great time watching the A’s beat up on the Mariners. I’m not an A’s fan, but it’s always more fun when the home team wins and the crowd gets into the game. I was worried that sitting in the sun for two and a half hours would zap my energy for a late afternoon run, but I felt great yesterday and would have run longer except that my wife hinted about us going out to dinner. As it turns out, we decided to put off eating out until the weekend, so I got a shorter run than was necessary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home