Sunday, May 07, 2006

80-Mile Week

As I mentioned in my previous post, I ran a double on Saturday to log my first 80-mile week. I was feeling a bit tired on Friday, but felt pretty good on both Saturday runs as well as on my run today. The bad news is that I had to cut short a scheduled 15 mile run because while I remembered something I had to do tonight. I’ve been taking an online college course, and about two miles into my run this evening, I remembered that I had to take an online exam this evening. Since I didn’t start my run until after five, I cut the run to ten miles, which allowed me time to get home, shower, and be online by approximately 6:45. I’m not worried about losing five miles today. With daylight lasting until 8:00 p.m., I’ll be able to run 15 miles during the week without much trouble.

Here are my totals for last week:
Sunday: 10 miles in a.m. and 5.3 in p.m.
Monday: 10 miles in p.m.
Tuesday: 6.7 at lunch and 7.3 in p.m.
Wednesday: 8.2 in p.m.
Thursday: 6.7 at lunch
Friday: 12.3 in p.m.
Saturday: 7.2 in a.m. and 6.4 in p.m.

Looking at those totals, it's clear that I need at least a 15 miler this week, and I need to build on it so that I can get up to 20 by month's end. I haven’t written out a weekly running plan yet, but I’m planning on shooting for another 80-mile week. And I’m hoping to do it with less doubles this time. Last week was 80 miles on ten runs. This week I’m hoping to get the mileage on no more than 8 runs. If I run more than 8 times, I’ll try to jump the mileage up a bit. I recently joined a lunchtime volleyball league, so the number of doubles I can run is tied to my volleyball schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home