Friday, May 05, 2006

The Best Laid Plans...

Well I jumped the gun in my previous post. I didn't get in a second run on Thursday. I ended up having to stay late at work and then we had an open house at my daughter's school. I also didn't get in 15 miles today (Friday). I got a late start and ended up only running 12 miles. This leaves me with 66.5 miles for the week with one running day left. I pretty sure that I'm going to go for 80 miles this week by running a double tomorrow. I could just go out and run the 13.5 to get 80 miles, but after 12 today and at least 15 scheduled for Sunday, I'm thinking two easy, shorter runs on Saturday may be a better idea.

I'm still not sure what I'm doing for the rest of the month. I'm thinking of going for 80 again for the week ending May 13, something in the 70s for the week ending May 20, 80 again for the week ending May 27, and easy week leading into June, and then beginning an 18-week training program for the Bizz Johnson Marathon in October. Of course, I need to confirm the marathon date and make sure I counted my weeks correctly. I guess if anyone reads this blog, they'll find out if I actually follow these plans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home