Thursday, April 27, 2006

Master of No Self Control

Whenever I wonder why I haven’t lost any weight over the past month, I only need to look at days like today. For lunch I ate in the galley here on base. For $3.55 I had fried chicken, corn, a salad, soup, a piece of cake, two glasses of Diet Coke and a glass of milk. In my defense, I only eat in the galley once or twice a week. On the other days I eat a fairly small lunch. I’ve found out in the past how easy it is to eat there daily and how fast that practice can add to my waistline.

To make matters worse, I hurt my back playing volleyball yesterday at lunch. I was a bit stiff yesterday afternoon but not too bad, so I ran my ten miles yesterday evening. By the time I went to bed, I was hurting. So far today has pretty much been an adventure in pain from the time I got up. I’m going to try to get out of here early and get into a comfortable position at home so that I can rest up and get better. As far as running goes, I won’t be logging any miles today. I may be able to run tomorrow, but I think Saturday is my best bet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home