Thursday, January 26, 2006

We Have Speed

On Tuesday I finally completed a speed workout. I ran 11 miles and included 6 X 1000 meters (.625 miles on my Garmin) repeats at 5K pace. My last 5K was run at 6:15 pace, and the repeats were run at between 6:10 and 6:20 pace. I'm sure I ran farther between the repeats than is recommended, but I wasn't used to running fast, so in between I jogged slowly until my breathing was normal and I felt ready for the next repeat.

During the two-mile warm-up I tried to talk myself out of the speed part of the workout. I had run 20 miles on Sunday and five on Monday. My legs didn't feel great, plus I chowed down on Mexican food at lunch, which didn't do much for my stomach. I was concerned that I may hurl. Although between the rice and beans, I did get a decent amount of carbs.

On Wednesday, I ran five slow recovery miles, which puts me at 41 miles for the week so far. I should end up just below 70. I'm not scheduled for as many miles next week, but Sunday I have 17 miles with 14 at marathon pace. It will be a good/tough test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home