Sunday, January 15, 2006

Twenty Mile Long Run

Today I ran another 20-miler. It was a good run because I hadn't run 20 miles in awhile (I would estimate it's been a month or so). It was also a good run because I was able to finish strong. I averaged just under 8:00 minute miles for the first 15 miles, and was able to run the last five at a sub-7:30 pace, including running the final mile at 7:00 minute pace.

This was a another confidence builder because even though I've been logging all my scheduled miles lately, I've haven't really been pushing the pace. Not to say that 7:30 pace, or even 7:00 pace, is pushing the pace, but it was a good step in the right direction.

I hoping to run a half marathon on February 5. I was hoping to run the Pacific Shore (Half) Marathon, but I'm not sure if I'll be able justify the cost of the trip down. However, there's also a half marathon in San Francisco that day that I'm eyeing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home