Thursday, January 05, 2006

Getting Back Into the Groove

After missing more than a few runs in December, I seem to be getting back on track at the start of the new year. It's still early, but I've logged all my scheduled runs this week. I did make one small change. I did an easy run yesterday at lunch and did Wednesday's scheduled medium-long run tonight. I knew I wouldn't run on Wednesday night because I'm a big college football fan and was looking forward to the Rose Bowl.

By the way, I was extremely happy to see the Longhorns come out on top. I don't root for Texas; but as a Notre Dame fan, it's my duty to be a USC-hater. Also, before the season started I predicted that Texas would be the National Champion. Is it just me or did Reggie Bush look not much above average against a fast defense while Lendale White looked great? A friend of mine told me that he thought White would be a better pro than Bush. After seeing them both against a top defense, I'm starting to think he may be right. Don't be surprised to see Bush at wide receiver in the NFL.

Back to running. Monday is my rest day. I ran 9 miles, including 5 x 600 meters at 5K pace on Tuesday (it was tough); I ran an easy 6 on Wednesday and ran 13 earlier this evening. I should finish with 60 miles this week after I add on 6 miles on Friday and 9 on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home