Thursday, January 19, 2006

I am a Slacker

I suck. I hate it when I miss a run. I’ve been good about getting out and running so far this month, but yesterday I totally blew off my scheduled run. My wife had to work late, and I had to drive my daughter somewhere. These are decent reasons not to run, but I could have been out and running by 7:00 p.m. The real reason I didn’t run was that I was tired and feeling lazy.

The good news is that my wife’s schedule is back to normal, and I’ll be running twice today. The best part of missing a run is that it is a great motivator. So after only running 5.5 miles in the past three days, I’ll be motivated and rested when I hit the road today.

I'm pretty sure that I won't be running a half marathon on February 5 as I had previously planned, so my next scheduled race will be the Napa Valley Marathon on March 5. I'd like to run a tune-up race before then. I'll check local schedules and see if I can find a close 10K the first or second weekend of February.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

I find that that tired feeling is usually mental, not physical. As "they" say, so out for 5-10 minutes and turn around. If you still feel tired, call it a day. If not, continue on and get your run in. More times than not, you'll feel fine.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home