Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Forced Run

This evening I really didn't feel like running. I had an upset stomach and just felt sort of blah. I really would have been happier lying on the bed watching the Yankees-Angels playoff game. However, I remember my entry from yesterday about showing more dedication, so I forced myself to get up and run. I ended up running ten miles at an easy pace. Once I got warmed up and was a couple of miles into my run, I felt okay, but sitting here now I'm not sure that running was the smartest move. My stomach still doesn't feel right, and my chest feels a bit tight.

My wife has been sick since Friday (today is Tuesday). She's been throwing up and has had diarrhea. Also, my daughter spent last night throwing up, although she seems okay now. So far I've been able to avoid catching whatever they have. Considering the rampant germfest that is living in my house, I may have been better off resting today than running. I guess time will tell. It will suck if I get sick; however, I am pleased with the effort under less than ideal conditions that I showed by running today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home