Thursday, September 22, 2005

Just Running, Nothing Special

I ran ten miles today. There was nothing special about the run. For the most part I kept my pace right around 8:00 minutes/mile. I planned on running a mile here and there at goal marathon pace, but I was feeling a bit tight after running at marathon pace yesterday, so I decided to be patient and stay healthy. I'm planning on running eight miles tomorrow. If I feel good, I'll get in a mile or two at a faster pace. For now it will be better if I only go faster every other day (at the most).

Well, after deciding yesterday that I have to be more dedicated to my running if I want to improve, I didn't do too well at following my own advice. Last night I was awake until well after midnight, although it wasn't entirely my fault. I went to bed between 10:00 and 10:30 and was asleep before 11:00. A few minutes after I fell asleep, my daughter woke me up. After that I couldn't get back to sleep. As far as eating, I did okay, but not great. I ate a huge lunch, but it wasn't too bad. We had a Hispanic Month Celebration at work, and I ate the lunch that was served. However, I didn't have any fried foods or any dessert, so I did okay. I also had a piece of pie after dinner, but it was a small piece. Even though I wasn't as dedicated today as I need to be, I'm confident that I'm moving in the right direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home