Sunday, September 25, 2005

Running in the Dark

I planned on running in the morning today, but I didn't. As it turned out I ended up watching football until late and didn't start my run until almost 7:00 p.m. This ended up being my first run in the dark since we moved back to California. I knew that when Daylight Savings Time ends I'd have to run in the dark almost daily, and I was a little worried about it. Where I run there are a few places where the asphalt is buckled by tree roots, and I was afraid I'd end up tripping whenever I ran in the dark. Good news, I found out during today's run that there are long stretches where I can run without any tripping hazards and that I can see the hazards in the places where they are found. Even though it was dark tonight, with no moon, I didn't have any problems. Street lights, house lights and city lights provide just enough light. Also, there wasn't much wind and the temperatures were perfect!

I ended the week with just over 60 miles. I was going to run a mile or two at marathon pace today, but when I picked up the pace I felt some soreness in my groin, so I eased up. Even though I'm not getting in any speed work, I am logging decent mileage and should be able to do well when I start marathon training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home