Monday, September 26, 2005

A Good Run

On Sunday I had an excellent run. I ran 15 miles, including two miles (non-consecutive) at 7:00 minute/mile pace. I was tired by the end of the run, but it was a good tired. This run gives me confidence that I’ll be able to prepare and run well in February. I was concerned about my health and my ability to run hard. I know that there’s still well over a month before my race specific training will start. However, abdomen strains can last upwards of nine months. Anyway, I not only ran at 7:00 minute/miles, at the end of the second hard mile, I was running hard and probably had the pace down close to 5K pace. The key seems to be getting in a long warm-up

I checked out three running-related books from the library. One is a training book by Bob Glover, one is number of running-related short stories, and the other is a book of short biographies on top marathoners through the years. I’m looking forward to reading all of them. The variety will provide practical training information and good motivation for those tough days when the desire to train isn’t as strong as the lure of the couch. Anyone who’s been a runner for any amount of time will understand.

I'm going to run eleven miles on two runs on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home