Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Hill Running, Sort Of

This evening I ran ten miles, included in the run were a few "repeats" up the only hill I can run without driving someplace else to run. I put repeats in quotes because they weren't traditional repeats. I didn't run them at a hard or even quick pace. I ran them at my easy run pace, but repeatedly ran up and down this small hill. I'm trying to decide if this hill is long enough to provide a training benefit for my marathon training. Up and down the hill is a total of one-third of a mile. Plus only part of the hill is steep enough for hill training; the rest is close to flat. I think I'll solicit opinions from others with more experience, plus see how my legs feel tomorrow before I decide if this course will work for hill workouts. As part of today's run, I also ran one mile (from 8.5 to 9.5 miles) at goal marathon pace.

Tomorrow will be another double. I have a 2.9 mile fun run at work, and I'll run seven or eight easy miles tomorrow evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home