Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Rest Day

On Sunday I ran for the third consecutive day. I have to admit that my knee still feels a bit stodgy, but I'm optimistic because it feels better with each run. After three consecutive days of running, I took a rest day on Monday. I could have run; I felt okay and didn't have any knee pain, but I'm trying to be cautious and not get re-injured. So I figured better safe than sorry. My legs (especially the quads), however, have been pretty sore after my first few runs. I don't know if the rest day was necessary for my knee, but my leg muscles certainly feel better. I'll continue with daily five and six mile runs for the rest of the week. If everything goes well, I'll add a mile or two to my daily runs next week.

Around the house things are going well. Except for a few stocking stuffers, the Christmas shopping is done. I had the easy job. While my wife hit the stores and did the majority of the shopping, I only bought a few things online. I guess we'll just call it teamwork and say that the job is done. Other than the shopping, we're busy cleaning and organizing for my wife's family to visit. Since I took this week off from work, I get the cleaning detail. Not a big deal; I'd rather clean than shop.

2 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

hey, you're tracking right along to the road of recovery.

Enjoy your holidays and steady as she goes. Don't forget Santa's gonna want you to be doing those situps and pushups!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Bart said...

Thanks, Mark. I've been doing pretty good with regards to the situps and pushups, although I did skip them today. My wife and I went out for dinner after my run, and I forgot to do them because I was hurrying to get ready.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home