Monday, November 13, 2006

More Knee Pain

Bad news – I seemed to have aggravated my knee. After a couple of days of a dull pain that I could only really feel when running, on Saturday the pain was worse. I couldn’t even walk around the house without some pain. I tried icing it, but that didn’t help. However, putting it under the heating pad made it feel much better. I ended up not running on Saturday or Sunday, even though I felt much better on Sunday. I’m going to run after work today and see how I feel. My plan is to go home, put the heating pad on my knee for a half hour and then run. I’ll figure out the rest of my week based on how I feel during and after this evening’s run.

Despite this setback, my basic plan is the same. I’ve decided to run as much as I can through the first week of December. It won’t be as many miles as I had hoped for, but I’m still planning on getting up to 80 miles for at least one week. At that point, I’ll start marathon training. I was going to simply join the Pfitzinger 18/70 plan based on how many weeks I’ll have until the marathon, but I think I’m going to simplify things. I’m going to set up a plan that alternates a 15-miler and a 20-miler every other weekend and includes a tempo run and two marathon-pace runs each week. The other runs will be based on how I feel. My weekly mileage will start at 65 and will build to 75, with a cutback week every fourth week. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home