Saturday, April 08, 2006

Run Without a Watch

Today I ran without my Garmin or a watch. I knew I wanted to run 7.5 miles, which is one lap around the area where I live, and I knew I wanted to run at an easy pace. If figured the best way to accomplish this was to just run. Without a watch, I would obviously have no idea how fast I was running, and should, therefore, be able to just take it easy. It seemed to work. I know I finished the distance I was looking for, I have no idea how long it took me, and I feel good this afternoon. I was tempted to run a second time today, but I have what now passes for a long-run tomorrow, so only a single today.

I've noticed lately that a 7.5 mile run now passes as an easy day for me. A few months ago I was running five miles on my easy days, but now (if I keep the effort easy) 7.5 leaves me feeling good the next day. With luck, I'll be able to keep my easy days at 7.5 miles as I progress and begin to incorporate some quicker runs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home