Saturday, February 25, 2006

Down Goes Bart! (doing Cosell boxing imitation)

I took a fall during last night's run. I have a great place to run. It's an asphalt strip that goes along the bay and through the neighborhood in which I live. The problem is that there are a lot of trees in the area, and the tree roots have pushed up the asphalt in more than a few places. Last night I tripped on a spot where the asphalt was buckled. Actually, it is a pretty large bump in the asphalt; I'm surprised I haven't tripped there before. The good news is that other than a small scrape and bump on my arm, I'm fine.

Falling was the weirdest thing. I remember tripping and starting to go down. Once I realized that I was actually going to fall, I remember thinking that I couldn't believe I was falling. It was like I was moving in slow motion, but I couldn't do anything about it. While it wasn't the most graceful of acts, I also remember making sure that I didn't use the palms of my hands to break my fall. When I was a kid I broke my wrist twice that way.

As far as the runs themselves go, there's nothing special to say. I ran an easy five miles on Friday and seven miles today. On Sunday, I'll run a 13 mile medium-long run. After that it's all basically short, easy runs until next Sunday's marathon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home