Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Double and Repeats

Not much to say, I'm in the last week of my hard training before I enter the taper period. On Tuesday I ran 11 miles (6.5 at lunch and 4.5 after work) and today I ran 11 miles, including 6 x 1200 meter (actually .75 mile) repeats at 5K pace with a two minute slow jog in between. I did a decent job on the first three repeats, although I'm still going out too fast and then working to find a rhythm that will get me at the proper pace. Anyway I was able to run the first five repeats at the desired pace (6:15 was my 5K pace in late December) or faster. The last repeat was run at 6:20 pace. I gave a good effort on the last repeat, but the faster pace earlier in the other repeats took too much out of me. Tomorrow I have a 14-mile medium-long run scheduled.

I'm looking forward to the taper period. I know a lot of runners aren't fond of the taper. They get stir crazy because they aren't running as much as they're used to. I love the feeling I get as I get more and more rested. By the last week of the taper, I have so much energy when I run. I get more confident about race day with every step.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home