Tuesday, February 21, 2006

New Shoes!

Yesterday I bought a new pair of shoes. These are the first running shoes I've purchased since June, when I bought two pairs. These are the first pair of Asics I've ever owned. They feel comfortable enough, although my feet got a bit numb on my run today. However, that's common for me when I run in new shoes. After breaking them in for a week or so, I'm confident that they'll be fine.

Since my long run on Sunday, I've had soreness in my quads. I'm not sure why that run was so tough, but it took the wind out of my sails. The good news is that I had a lot of energy for today's run. I ran the first couple of miles faster than 8:00/mile pace, which is good for me. Usually, my first mile is slow as I take some time to warm up. Today I was ready to go almost immediately. I did start to drag towards the end of my run, although I got a second wind and finished strong. The end result was 8 miles, including 8 X 100 meter strides in 1:02:18 (7:47 pace).

One thing about my blog content (or lack thereof). I try to mainly focus on my training so that I can use this training cycle as a learning experience for future efforts. However, I would also like to keep it mildly entertaining on the off chance anybody else actually reads this thing. During the day and while running, I often think of questions or thoughts on running that I would like to include in this blog, but by the time I sit down to type something, those thoughts are long gone. I guess I need to find a way to record these thoughts and try to actually have something to say here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home