Monday, February 20, 2006

Long, Tough Run

Yesterday I did my last long run of this training cycle. I was going to run in the morning, but didn't have much energy. I ended up putting the run off until the afternoon. I still didn't have much energy and considered just running an easy, short run on Sunday and taking advantage of President's Day and running long on Monday. What I was actually doing (and I knew it at the time) was just using the short run as an excuse to get out the door. Once I started running, I knew I'd go the full seventeen miles.

The first three miles felt good, and I thought I'd be fine to keep running. As I approached four miles, my legs started to get pretty tired. I hoped that by running through it I would get a second wind. That's pretty much what happened. After a couple of tough miles, I started feeling better. The problem is that the I got the second wind fairly early in the run, and it didn't really carry me to the end of the run. After ten miles or so, I was ready to stop. I was at the point where I was telling myself to just put one foot in front of the other, and you'll get to the end. I always run alone. Yesterday was one of the few days when I think a training partner would have really helped.

I'm not sure why yesterday's run was so tough. Last week was pretty easy. I've been eating and sleeping okay. I guess it's just one of those days. As long as they don't continue, I'll be confident on March 5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home