Friday, February 17, 2006

Easy Painfree Run

I got off work early today, so I was able to get my run in without worry about sunset and running in the dark. After yesterday's fairly tiring 12 miles, I ran an easy six miles today. I paid no attention to pace and just ran. I ended up finishing at just under 8 minute mile pace (6 miles in 47:44). It was cold and wet here in the Bay Area, so I only saw a few people during my entire run. The fact that I ran before most people got off from work also contributed to the empty path.

The good news is that I ran painfree. I wore a different pair of shoes today, which really lessened the pain from the bruise on the bottom of my foot. I don't pretend to understand why it makes a difference. My form feels the same, so I should put the same pressure on the same parts of my foot, but whatever. I was just happy to run without any pain.

I'm going to run tomorrow morning (unless it's pouring rain) and may run again in the afternoon, depending on how I feel and what the weather's like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home