Monday, December 26, 2005

The Pain is Gone

This was not a good week for running, but there is some good news because the pain in my right knee is gone. After taking Monday off, I woke up Tuesday with a cold. I was stuffed up, had body aches and had absolutely no energy. Wednesday was more of the same. I was a bit better, but not to the point where I felt I could run. Thursday I felt better and could have run; but after doing absolutely nothing on Tuesday and Wednesday, I really needed to help my wife get ready for visiting family. That made it four days without any running.

I did run some at the end of the week. I ran ten miles on Friday, nine on Saturday and 18 today. As far as the knee pain goes, My knee was pretty sore on Sunday and Monday. On Tuesday I felt like crap, but my knee felt great. I haven't had any knee pain since, including on the three runs I've done since Friday. This week, I'm traveling down to San Diego to visit my family, plus I didn't run on Christmas, so my running totals will be down this week. However, I am planning on running a 5K on Thursday. It will be my first race since May. I'm pretty excited about it.

One other note - I got home from work at a little after noon on Friday to find my in-laws sitting in their vehicle and my daughter upstairs asleep in her bed. The good news is that apparently they had pulled up fairly recently, so they weren't upset about not being let in.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend and that your knee is feeling a lot better.

Good luck with the 5k.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home