Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Hard Run and Ankle Pain

After work today I ran a bit over ten miles, including five miles at 6:40 m/m pace. The pace was an estimate because I didn't have my Garmin with me. However, I had run at work before, so I knew the distance; and I did have a watch, so I was able to make sure I maintained the proper pace. I worried about the run earlier in the day. My legs didn't feel as fresh as they normally do after a day off, but once I warmed up, I felt good. This is the first time in this training cycle that I've run this pace for more than four miles. If I can handle tomorrow's medium-long run okay, it will be another good confidence boost.

The only problem today is that after I got home, I sat on the couch for 30 minutes or so. Ever since then, my ankle has been sore whenever I try to walk. I iced it, which helped some. I've also been flexing it back and forth when I'm sitting, which also helps. I am concerned about how it will feel when I get up in the morning. For now I'm going to assume that it's just one of those mysterious pains that active people sometimes feel. If the pain is still there tomorrow, I'll continue icing and stretching and hoping that it gets better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home