Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A Run in the Rain

Today I ran in the rain for the first time (other than a couple of very light sprinkles last week). I had light rain for almost my entire 12-mile run this evening. It wasn't cold, so the rain was refreshing. There was some lightening, but it was pretty far to the south and didn't seem to be getting any closer, so I didn't pay much attention to it.

Running in the dark is still not fun. I've been wearing a headlamp, which I'm sure makes me more visible to bikers, other runners, and walkers; however, it doesn't put out as much light as I would like. It's still hard to see the pavement and tell where the cracks and bumps are. Fortunately, where I run it's pretty smooth, so it's not a big problem. Plus, I'm learning where the bad spots are. I'm sure as time moves forward, the darkness will become less of a problem.

Yesterday, I ran eight miles, which included 10 x 100 meter strides. I felt good during the run; so even when I wasn't striding, I pushed the pace a hair. I ended the run with an average pace of 7:30 minutes/mile.

I finish the week with a recovery run tomorrow, a medium-long run on Friday and another recovery run on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home