Monday, October 31, 2005

October Totals

October was a great running month for me. I logged 270 miles for the month on 28 runs with three days off (no doubles this month). This is the second consecutive month that I've set a new high for mileage. Also, I haven't missed a single run since starting the Pfitzinger/Douglas 18/70 plan, and I've maintained a great level of dedication towards my running. This is probably the longest I've gone without a period where I had to force myself out the door for my runs. If I stay on the plan, I'll log even more miles in November. In addition to increasing my fitness level and losing some excess weight, I'm building more confidence for the Pacific Shoreline Marathon.

The one downside to the month was on Sunday, October 30. I was scheduled to run 18 miles. However, I had to cut the run short after only three miles. I was having serious GI problems. I went to the bathroom three times before my run and couldn't run anymore with going a fourth time. I ended up walking home (approximately 1.25 miles). Everytime I tried to run, I had to stop to avoid an embarrassing situation. I ended up running the 18-mile run on Monday (my scheduled day off). This will make Tuesday's speed workout difficult, but I'll just go by effort if my legs are tired. Worse case scenario, I'll make it a marathon pace run instead of a tempo run.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

Sweet job Bart, keep it rolling.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Bart said...

Thanks. This is the most consistent I've ever been. Not only am I running longer, but I'm getting more enjoyment out of my running lately. Far less days wehre I have to drag myself out for a run.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home