Sunday, October 23, 2005

Just Rolling Along

Yesterday I completed the second week of training for the Pacific Shoreline Marathon, which means there are only 15 weeks to go. It seems like a long time, but I'm sure it will be here before I know it (hopefully not before I'm ready).

The second week was pretty tough. The tempo run on Tuesday followed by the medium long run on Wednesday took a bit out of me. Even though Thursday was a recovery day, it was a tough five miles. I really wanted to stop about half way through. Instead I just kept the pace slow, concentrated on form more than distance and made it through the run.

Even though the speedwork and marathon race pace runs will be tough with this schedule, I think the toughest part will be logging a lot of miles in the dark. I just can't get into a comfortable rhythm when I can't see where my feet are landing. It makes the pace seem much tougher than it should be. Oh well, there's not much I can do about it. Hopefully with time, I'll get used to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home