Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Double Up Tuesday

Well after a bad Monday in which I missed two runs, I had a great Tuesday.

Yesterday, I skipped my run at lunch so that I could go out to lunch with some people at work. My plan was to load up on carbs and make up for the missed run by running 15 miles in the evening. Apparently, I loaded up too much with carbs because I didn't feel well at all Monday evening. I ended up skipping the run all together. I was afraid I'd vomit if I tried running.

Tuesday, I did everything that I had hoped to do on Monday. I ran 5.5 miles at lunch, and I ran at the fastest pace I've run in awhile (between 7:30 and 7:40 m/m pace, not including the first warmup mile). This evening I ran ten more miles. I didn't run as fast as I did at lunch, but I did run a bit faster than I had been running. I'm guessing the extra energy is the combination of lots of carbs yesterday and the fact that I'm still fairly fresh after taking last week off.

I felt so good today, that I considered still trying to run a marathon in October. I realize that I won't be able to run it at 7:00 m/m like I hoped, but 7:20 to 7:30 may be doable. I'm just not sure if it's the wise thing to do. I'll think about it and maybe ask other, more experienced runners what they think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home