Wednesday, September 14, 2005

A Good Ten Miles

Today I ran ten miles around Bay Harbor Island in Alameda (the city in which I live). It was a nice run that follows the shore along the San Francisco Bay. Although it's only been a few days, I've been pleased with my effort since returning from a week off due to a minor injury. The rest clearly did me well, not only to help the injury heal but also to give my entire body a chance to rest. Another key to feeling good this week has been that I've done a good job of fueling my body. I loaded with carbs Monday at lunch with a carne asada rice bowl, and today at lunch I had a delicious bowl of pasta. I know what I need to do in order to keep myself running well, specifically regarding getting enough rest and eating right. The hard part will be to force myself to do the right thing.

Another positive about feeling good while running is that I have a much better attitude during my runs. Last month I ran more miles than in any other month of my life, but a lot of those runs were really tough, and all I wanted was to finish the run. The last couple of days (even though I've been running decent miles), I've felt good during my run. I've enjoyed feeling my body push through the run, especially after the turnaround when I'm running straight into a stiff wind. I've finished the runs feeling tired like I should after a workout, but it's a good tired, not a death march type of pain. Let's just hope I can maintain these feelings as I run more and more this fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home