Saturday, September 17, 2005

Slow Saturday

Today I ran a slow, easy five miles. A couple of times I could feel that I was running a bit faster than I wanted to run, so I forced myself to slow down (unlike in previous runs where I wouldn't allow myself to run slow enough). I'm hoping to run 20 miles tomorrow. However, I've had a sore throat all afternoon, and it didn't feel too good on my run today. I'm sure I'll run tomorrow, but if my throat continues to hurt, I'll cut it somewhat short (can ten miles be considered a short run?). I want to get in the miles, but even more, I don't want to get sick and miss another week of running.

Another thing I need to do tomorrow is get over to the library and finally get a library card. I checked their online catalog today, and they have a few running books I haven't read. It will be nice to have some good running-related materials to read. I always find it motivating to read about other people's running. I imagine that's because I do so much of my running alone that it's nice to share the running experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home