Monday, February 19, 2007

Another Crappy Week

I had another week below 60 miles(if memory serves my total was 56.) I'm not sure what the problem is, but I just can't seem to get motivated to build my mileage any higher. I'm not exactly lighting things up this week, either. I took a zero on Sunday. I didn't sleep well Saturday night and just didn't feel like running all day. I made up a little ground by running 15 miles today. After basically resting all day on Sunday, I felt great today. I averaged 7:42/mile today and felt like I easily could have run a few more miles. If it weren't for an errand the family was running this afternoon, I probably would have jumped up to 18 miles today. Even with a zero on Sunday, I'm going to shoot for 60 this week and then jump up to 70 the week after. I need to start building. I want to get in at least a couple of 80 mile weeks before I begin an organized race buildup in March.

On another note, we went up to the exchange at Travis AFB today, and I bought a bike. The plan is for me to use it for my daily commute. It's only five miles each way, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

2 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

that's great about commuting by bike, once it's underway, working out logistics, you may consider running to work

5:11 AM  
Blogger Bart said...

I've thought about running to work, but I have issues that require me to run where bathrooms are nearby. I hope I won't have the same problems with the bike.

Bart

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home