Monday, January 22, 2007

Just Running and Cross Training

Really not much has been going on with my running. Last week I was above the 50 mile mark for the first time in a while. I could have reach 60, but I took Friday off. My legs were tired all day, so I gave them a rest. I guess it could be called wimping out, but I prefer to think that I’m listening to my body. Since then I ran 7.5 miles on Saturday, 10 on Sunday, and 5 today at lunch. I’ll add another 5 after work and hope to go over 60 for the week.




On Saturday I started adding a bit of cross training to my regimen. The sit-ups and push-ups just weren’t happening. I was either forgetting to do them after running, or I’d be in a hurry and would skip them. Instead I started working out on a Bosu. I use the workout on the DVD that comes with the ball. When I use it I look stupid and feel about as uncoordinated as a person can be, but it’s a pretty tough workout, especially for the abs and legs. Just staying balanced works muscles I never knew I had. I did the workout on Saturday and then again today before work. Hopefully I can stick with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home