Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Finally, A Longer Run

After a rest day on Friday and an easy run on Saturday, I guess my body was ready to run. On Sunday I finally got in a 15-miler. The pace naturally fell to around 7:40 mile, and I went with it. The only downside was that I lost the anti-chafing tape off my left nipple. I tried to fix it by tearing the tape from the right side in half so that both would be covered. The result was that I ended up with two bloody nipples. I'm typing this on Tuesday evening, and they're still tender.

On Monday I ran five easy miles in a steady rain. The temps were only in the mid-50s, but with a long-sleeve shirt and shorts, I was comfortable. The only thing that was cold was my hands. I donated blood today, so I took an off day. I should be able to get in ten miles on Wednesday and Thursday, including a double on one day and a ten miler the other. I'm not sure what I'll do on Friday and Saturday, but I hope to log at least 60 miles for the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home