Saturday, February 03, 2007

Catching Up and Weekly Totals

It's been awhile since I've posted anything, but there's really not much happening, which is good. Over the week 28 Jan - 3 Feb, I ran my second consecutive 60-mile week. I started the week off with a crappy run that lasted less than 1.5 miles. It was the same old GI issues. (Caution: too much info coming). I went to the bathroom 3 times in the 30 minutes before running. Still the call of nature reduced me to a walk after running only 1.35 miles. I walked down a side street to the closest port-o-let only to find that it had been moved. From this point, I was relatively close to home, so I walked home and called it a day.

Since that day, however, I've run well. Here's how my week ended up:

Sunday: 1.35 miles
Monday: 5.4 miles at lunch; 5 miles after work
Tuesday: 5.4 miles at lunch
Wednesday: 5.5 miles at lunch; 10 miles after work, including 5 at goal MP pace (6:50/mile)
Thursday: 10 miles at recovery effort
Friday: 7.75 miles (cut short 10-miler due to bathroom needs)
Saturday: 5.7 miles in a.m.; 5.3 miles in p.m.

I’m traveling to Topeka, Kansas, this week. I leave on the Monday and return Thursday night. I won’t be able to run either of these two days because I’m basically working and/or traveling all day, but I’ll bring running clothes and hope to get in a few miles on Tuesday and Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home